MUSICONICA
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "So you'd better do as you are told -  (Read 4065 times)
elvin
TURBO Member

I'm Elli. My dog is Nico. Elvin's my grandpa.

View Profile
« on: December 14, 2010, 12:50:30 PM »

- you'd better listen to the radio" *

Not any more.

FORRESTER RESEARCH's annual report on U.S. consumers' use of online media showed that for the first time in the company's research, the average consumer spends as much time online as with TV offline, and traditional, offline radio use declining 15% over the past five years as online media consumption continues to grow (121% over the five year period; TV use grew 5%, while newspapers and magazines showed steep declines). 
   The study, "Understanding the Changing Needs of the U.S. Online Consumer, 2010," shows that broadband adoption, although slowing, has resulted in a projected 91% of online households using broadband by the end of 2010, but listening to online streaming audio is among a group of activities in which a relative few users participate: 24% of respondents said they listened to streaming audio, up from 17% in 2007 but well behind using e-mail (92%), buying products (60%), sending or receiving photos (49%), social networking (35%), streaming video use (33%), and instant messaging (33%) but ahead of reading blogs (18%).
   The study also noted that users' media use is migrating to mobile phones, with the percentage of people using mobile devices to listen to music grew from 5% in 2008 to 17% in 2010.

* Elvis Costello - Radio, Radio (from 1979's This Year's Model)

I used to be a sadistic control freak. Now I am a cunning unreliable ingrate. It's better.
eschaton47

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2010, 08:36:09 AM »

I enjoy the fact that "streaming audio" beat out "blogs."

Did You Just Mention A Genital?
Akbar Shabazz Jenkins
demigod Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2010, 03:58:23 PM »

I dislike both streaming audio and reading!
eschaton47

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2010, 08:38:25 AM »

Comic books counts as reading, P. Chuck!!

Did You Just Mention A Genital?
hardbern
ninja from the yakuza of underground tuneage
BRUH! Member

One, ah ah ah...two ah ah ah...THREE ah ah ah!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2010, 10:18:57 PM »

- you'd better listen to the radio" *

Not any more.

FORRESTER RESEARCH's annual report on U.S. consumers' use of online media showed that for the first time in the company's research, the average consumer spends as much time online as with TV offline, and traditional, offline radio use declining 15% over the past five years as online media consumption continues to grow (121% over the five year period; TV use grew 5%, while newspapers and magazines showed steep declines). 
   The study, "Understanding the Changing Needs of the U.S. Online Consumer, 2010," shows that broadband adoption, although slowing, has resulted in a projected 91% of online households using broadband by the end of 2010, but listening to online streaming audio is among a group of activities in which a relative few users participate: 24% of respondents said they listened to streaming audio, up from 17% in 2007 but well behind using e-mail (92%), buying products (60%), sending or receiving photos (49%), social networking (35%), streaming video use (33%), and instant messaging (33%) but ahead of reading blogs (18%).
   The study also noted that users' media use is migrating to mobile phones, with the percentage of people using mobile devices to listen to music grew from 5% in 2008 to 17% in 2010.

* Elvis Costello - Radio, Radio (from 1979's This Year's Model)

I believe this is spot on.

Akbar Shabazz Jenkins
demigod Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2010, 11:57:37 AM »

Comic books counts as reading, P. Chuck!!

that's just your opinion! it doesn't say that in the ten commandments!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme by webtechnica.com.