MUSICONICA
+  told by an idiot
|-+  Local Music» General Discussion» Thoughts on The Dark Knight Rises?
Username:
Password:
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Thoughts on The Dark Knight Rises?  (Read 10218 times)
Julian
TURBO Member

View Profile Email
« on: August 05, 2012, 10:21:35 AM »

What did you think?
ngpittman
BRUH! Member

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2012, 01:31:50 PM »

not as good as the joker one, but good. Felt cheated and a little insulted by the ending. I think he's really dead!

"I wish I had a son to kick me in the nuts" - The Tao of Dauterive
eschaton47

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2012, 09:07:05 AM »

I'm tellin' yall...Superman comes and gets him out of the plane at the end.  They gotta work towards that Justice League movie, bruhs.

Did You Just Mention A Genital?
Julian
TURBO Member

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2012, 01:24:56 PM »

I actually preferred it to The Dark Knight. I think half of the things people are complaining about plot hole wise are stupid and fairly obvious. I also think that there's a whole lot of, "bruh, but Heath Ledger died after The Dark Knight was made, so it can't be better than that!" At least I think that's what people are thinking inside. Like people who would talk badly about Amy Winehouse or any celebrity before they died unexpectedly, then praise them afterwards. He was great as The Joker, but I think Tom Hardy did just as good of a job. I think all the other acting performances were stronger in this one, especially Christian Bale. He had more to work with and the story focused on him to a greater extent.
ngpittman
BRUH! Member

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2012, 05:09:46 PM »

I feel ya on the joker is dead so the movie is great, but that's not it for me. I think Hardy/Bane was good. I don't think Ledger/Joker was the most oscar-est performance. (I really can't wrap my mind around Ledger being the joker, it was a transformation). All other heath ledger is crap. Bale did do a good job, he looked like he was extending his look from the Fighter, though.

I thought TDK was more cerebral and introspective - anyone can become a bad person if they have the right day. (based on the killing joke, which is one of the greatest of all time). DKR was more political-ish and social commentary. Plus, I was never a fan of killing/maiming a hero just to increase revenue, which is where DKR stems from and is. Plus, the Bane arch in the comics was the equivalent to an action movie.

"I wish I had a son to kick me in the nuts" - The Tao of Dauterive
Akbar Shabazz Jenkins
demigod Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2013, 06:05:57 PM »

i didn't read anything those dudes said, but i really liked when Bruce Willis threw that police car into the helicopter.
uvserve
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2014, 02:39:45 PM »

does this thing even work anymore?

the eye is always watching...
Akbar Shabazz Jenkins
demigod Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2014, 05:01:26 PM »

hell yeah it does!
Pages: [1]   Go Up